March 17, 2020
To Our Valued Customers,
On behalf of everyone at Magnolia Grille, we hope that you and your family are and remain healthy during this time. To anyone who has been directly impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19), we offer our thoughts and well wishes for a full and swift recovery.
We know things are a little hectic everywhere right now and we just wanted to take a moment to let you know what we were doing at Magnolia Grille to keep you and our employees as safe as possible. As of March 17, 2020, we will continue with our normal business hours as usual but we have made some modifications to our service methods in order to strengthen our sanitation efforts.
- We are taking extra precautions in the way that our food is being prepared and served.
- We are still offering to-go orders on all menu items, including our lunch buffet and salad bar. And, we are implenting curbside pickup for take out orders. Just call us at 601-736-2222 when you arrive and your check and food will be delivered to you in your vehicle.
- As always, we do offer giftcards for purchase if you do not want to dine with us during this time but still want to support our local business.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), we are stepping up our sanitation protocols and following guidelines developed and distributed by the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
- All employees are washing their hands more frequently and inspecting our restrooms to make sure they have plenty of anti-bacterial soaps and paper towels.
- We are disinfecting all public areas more frequently. This includes countertop surfaces, restrooms, doors, tables, chairs, phones, menu covers, check holders and anything else hands touch.
- Employees and guests are being asked to cover their mouths when coughing and sneezing and to do so into the bend of their elbows.
- There will be no hugs, handshakes or other physical contact between employees and customers—verbal greetings will suffice during this time.
- Any employees who believe they have coronavirus symptoms as outlined by the CDC are being asked to stay home after visiting their medical provider for appropriate treatment.
We are closely monitoring government updates and will revise our policies and responses accordingly if necessary. If you have any questions or concerns, please give us a call at 601-736-2222. For more information about what you need to know about COVID-19, we encourage you to visit cdc.gov. In the meantime, we wish you and your family good health at this difficult time.